Monday, April 16, 2012

The Hunger Feeling

The feeling of hunger usually means your stomach is done digesting what ever it was previously working on. This means that its time to feed it again. YES I said the second you feel hungry it is time to feed your stomach some more food! Now this doesn't mean pig out. Portioning is the most important thing a person who is eating healthy can do. Frequency is key, the more fequently you eat meals the faster your body will be at burning it up! This means a faster metabolism! Keeping your body happy at all times is key to fat loss and muscle growth.

One of the most frequently asked questions, when discussing nutrition with clients.  Particularly ones who are not well versed in nutrition tend to say things like: Wont eating a lot make me heavier? Well I dont want to gain muscle then ill looked jacked right? I hardly eat now and im already fat how could eating more possibly help me? (ETC...)

Well Ladies and Gents, the more your body has the ability to burn up food during the corse of the day the better and faster it becomes at doing it. So when you feed your body the right stuff all day long as frequently as it asks you to do so. Then you are what we call 'training the metabolism' and thats just a fancy way to say increasing metabolic rate. Essentially what that means is over a period of time depending on the specific goals of that person you will be able to eat more, and gain less fat, if any at all... This is the beauty of 'training the metabolism.'

So on to the next question wont gaining muscle get me jacked? Absolutely not, their is only 2 things your body can have. One is muscle the other is fat, so which would you rather have? (The Answer Is Muscle) Muscle burns calories while you sit around. You know what fat does while you sit around? It also sits around... doing nothing. So you tell me, would you rather burn calories doing nothing or would you rather have to work to burn every calorie you want to burn. I always ask my clients if their boss was going to offer them a raise, and the catch was that they have to have one paid vacation day a week where they would get paid just as much as if they were working. No added responsibilities no nothing would they accept the raise. They said whats the catch? My answer is always dedication and hard work a few days a week. They always say absolutely I would take the rase. So would you! This analogy is for muscle taking a paid vacation day every time you decide not to go to the gym or even if you do go after you get home and sit down your body is still burning calories. So no you wont get jacked unless your taking in 1000's and 1000's of calories and lifting heavy heavy weights 5-7 times a week!


For more information on this topic and any of the others in my blog that I have previously posted you can contact me on my email address. FrankP.Training@Gmail.com

Thanks


Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment