Sunday, April 1, 2012

4/1/12 (Not A Day Off!)



So I just got back from the gym and it turns out that it is nearly impossible for me to take the day off. But it was a medium intensity day, so no harm done. Next week sometime I will be posting my workouts to my blog for anyone who wants to do them on their own. Be warned though these are ADVANCED routines and i do not recommend you try to replicate my workouts 100%. Build up to it, I have been doing this for quite some time now and this is my life. Having said that though that brings me to my first topic to blog about... "Over Training" I will attempt to explain over training in a nutshell to everyone.

Over Training- "Is a physical, behavioral, and emotional condition that occurs when the volume and intensity of an individual's exercise exceeds their recovery capacity. They cease making progress, and can even begin to lose strength and fitness. Overtraining is a common problem in weight training, but it can also be experienced by runners and other athletes." 




  • OK... so what does that mean for us?
    • When your body is breaking down muscle tissue faster then it can heal, over a long period of time you will begin to see adverse results. 
  • How will I know if i am over training?
    • When you over train their are very specific things that occur. 
      • Persistent muscle Soreness 
      • Persistent Fatigue 
      • Elevated resting Heart Rate
      • Reduced Heart Rate Variability
      • Increased susceptibility to Infections
      • Increased incidence of Injuries
      • Irritability
      • Depression
      • Mental breakdown
  • How do I prevent over training? What do I do if I am already Over Training?
    • OK lets answer this question the same way I tell my clients when they ask how I workout so frequently. Over training is dependent on the person. Each person will experience symptoms of over training at different levels of frequency and intensity. So having said that, there is no way to tell if you how to train, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! 
      • How do I prevent it? 
        • Stop and rest! Take a day off if you feel sluggish. As the old saying goes even god rested a day! So don't rush take your time you are your own worst enemy in the gym. It takes mental toughness. Sometimes taking a day off isn't easy like i said today I cant get myself to take off. 
        • Don't work the same muscles or groups without 48 hours rest. (Monday-Wednesday) you need AT LEAST 2 days between. 
        • Don't treat any muscle group differently, ABS ARE NO EXCEPTION!
        • EAT! EAT! EAT! 
          • Your body needs food to help you replenish what your take out of it during your workouts. Over training is not always just because of over working your body. It has more to do with your food then anything else. 
      • What do I do if I am already Over Training?
        • Eat!!! 
        • Take a few days off let the body compose itself. 
        • Drink enough water, and electrolytes. 

Frank

*(My Source/ References are Dictionary.com and Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment