Sunday, August 12, 2012

Men vs Women style and routine

Good afternoon everyone,

Well this is a question that someone asked me a while back and I forgot to post on the blog. I had a friend ask me in the gym, "Ok so im going to workout with my girlfriend but she plays sports too. How should I make her workout? Girls are different aren't they? Shouldn't they do more, of light weight stuff and less strength stuff?"

Ok! So this is a dumb question. The reason I say this is because does anyone remember the commercial with Mia Hamm and Michael Jordan from back in the day? Well if you haven't here is the link to watch the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV12k6k9W4Q


Women and men are the same. Obviously this is a bold face statement but as far as workouts go they are the same. ***MOSTLY*** Women will not gain mass as fast as men. Women will not develop as many fast twitch muscle fibers as men. Women will have to do more fast twitch muscle building workouts in order to compare to a man but other then that EVERYTHING IS THE SAME. 

Squat will increase vertical, and speed. Lunges will increase vertical and speed. Agility work will increase footwork and speed. The thing with the people who think that women should not train the same as men i have one question for you... If I am 6 foot 3 and you are 5 foot 6, should you not practice sprints to become faster because were not the exact same height? Should You run long distance to become a better sprinter while I practice reducing my times in the 100m ? Well obviously we know the answer is no. If you want to become faster at the 100m you practice the 100m you don't practice a 5k. It is almost the same thing with men and women athletes. TRAIN LIKE A MAN, PLAY LIKE A MAN. Now don't take this ladies as im saying TRAIN LIKE A MAN LOOK LIKE A MAN! lol that is absolutely not true. 

Hope this helps Everyone! also I have some new updates soon coming on the Virtual Personal Training website where anyone from around the world will be able to subscribe to my site and come get personal training with me. VIA internet video streaming you will be able to have a 1on1 session with me or group classes with me so stay tuned it will be coming soon. For now keep reading my posts have a great day everyone enjoy the weather! 

Frank 

No comments:

Post a Comment