Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! Tips

First I want to start by wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving in advance. What a better time to discuss overeating then right now... I know we are all guilty of overeating around this time of year! 

The average person gains between 8-17 lbs during the holiday season. 
The average person takes about 1-2 months to loose 10 pounds.**
The average person takes 3-5 months to loose 20 lb**

These are averages... I don't want to freak anyone out but I just want you to know what is going on. Let me help you figure out why. The body has a hard time digesting when you over eat. This may be an issue for us as Thanksgiving is the holiday for doing just that! So let me make some friendly advice on what you can do to help a little. 

Digestive enzymes are amazing at aiding in digestion. Most people feel tired after the thanksgiving meal for a few reasons most importantly its because your body is preparing to use all of its energy to digest your massive calorie intake!

Tip #1
Make sure you have a digestive aide sometime in the morning, these can be anything from grapefruit to an actual supplement. These will assist (not as a cure all) you in your digestion later in the day. Try and have another half of grapefruit a few hours before you know you will be eating your food. 

Tip #2
Try to drink a lot of water early in the day as this will increase your metabolism prior to the large meal.

Tip #3
Try and moderate your carb intake. Your body will have a better time digesting up your protein then it will things like stuffing and cranberry sauce. That's not me telling you that you cant have it! haha Just try and have it in moderation! 

Tip #4
If you can try and get at least a small workout in. It doesn't matter what time but just try and get a workout in. 

Tip #5 
Enjoy thanksgiving and be safe! 


Thanks everyone for the constant support I really appreciate it! 

Sincerely,
Frank

(P.S) One of the things I am thankful for this year is all of you who consistently follow my posts and especially those of you who emailed me non stop until I started blogging again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment