Wednesday, December 11, 2013

ZMA (help you sleep help you recover)

ZMA (Zinc Monomethionine and Aspartate and Magnesium Aspartate)

Ok...

So I do not usually do supplement posts as I myself am not big into supplements other than Multi-Vitamins and protein. I do take the occasional pre-workout as well but I have actually been off those for about 2 months now.

ZMA (What is it? Why should I take it? Would it be good for me? Will it hurt me in the long run?)

What is it?
ZMA is the long name I just typed out at the top.... This is in English a supplement to help you sleep better. Ignore the testosterone claims. These have no official validity. This supplement is GREAT it's job is to help you achieve a deeper sleep. EVERY NIGHT. This will in turn help you sleep more efficiently and then reduce the fatigue factor in your body.

Why should I take it?
It will help you sleep better! Better sleep means more healthy weight, which means more energy the next day. All of these mean better workouts more energy to get you through the day, as well as less muscle fatigue as a result of not enough sleep.

Would it be good for me?
Yes, this is a unisex supplement. It is good for both Men and Women. The supplement helps to properly increase your Zinc and Magnesium levels both of which increase sleep quality, and natural body functioning.

On average 3 out of every 4 people are deficient in Zinc and Magnesium.

(As long as you are healthy and are cleared by a doctor to take ZMA you should be fine)

Will it hurt me in the long run?
No.

Although I am a big believer in you should always take a break from anything you take or do after a long period of time. (All things in moderation) Because the body gets adjusted to anything and everything you put in it. This includes supplements that are natural as well. You should always switch it up. I recommend that you take this 1-3 pills right before bed for 3 months (take it 5x per week) then take off for 2 weeks - 1 month. This way your body never fully adapts to it.


A little info on it from me. ZMA is a great supplement to take for any sort of sleep problems. This will not help you to fall asleep. If your mind is the thing that keeps you up at night you need to learn how to cope with that separately. But if staying asleep and sleeping deep enough is the issue ZMA will help.

Let me explain why I recommend this:

  • Better sleep = more recovery from your muscles
    • Better sleep = less soreness & better muscle response
  • Better sleep has been proven to help reduce fat storage. 
  • Better sleep will increase energy.
  • Better sleep will help you focus more. 
  • Better sleep will increase mood. 
  • Better sleep = better gains. 
Dosage help: Each person is different for some 1 pill will be enough. Adjust the sizing and dose according to how you feel. This is the tricky part you will have to work with the timing. I Personally take 2 pills instead of the recommended 3 because personally it makes me too sleepy when I wake up if I take 3. Some people take 1 and that does the trick for them. This is not based on your size as much as you think. Some people automatically take the max dose because they are big people and it ends up being to strong for them. Start with 1 see if you notice a difference. If not increase to 2 and so on. This works best for me if I take it anywhere between 20-40 minutes before bed. Let me know if any of you decide to try it! 

**These statements are true of personal experience with ZMA these are not based on a clinical study. This is based on a survey's and other user's reviews of the product. This supplement has not been evaluated by the FDA and these claims are made based on close studies done by other 3rd party companies. The supplement is effective although you should consult with your primary care physician before taking any supplements to see if you are healthy enough to take it. ZMA has not been known to cause any complications and it has been quite successful in its time. This does not mean that it is for everyone. Again check with your doctor before adding anything or changing anything directly dealing with your health, diet, supplementation, or exercise routine.**


No comments:

Post a Comment